Monday 14 July 2014

Legal & Ethical (Research Techniques)

I approached my photographic subject and asked if he were happy to be pictured for this project. I stressed he was under no obligation to do so and if he accepted, could approve the images for use before I posted them.

With my survey, all those I sent the link to were told they did not have to answer it if they didn't feel comfortable doing so, as some questions could not be skipped due to data I needed to collect from them. For open questions, I never requested information they did not want to give, and allowed to write as much or as little as they were happy to do.

The entire project was designed to show off these interesting people in a positive light. As I mentioned above, my subject was allowed to approve photographs after they were taken, which ensured that only those showing him in the best way were used. He was given a digital copy of every image that was taken for his own records and personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment