Monday 6 January 2014

J/601/6648 – 1.1-1.2 & T/601/8573 - 1.1; Pitch

The area I have selected for my London-Based Animatic is King's Cross (NW1.) Built around no less than 3 main line stations, the area is a constant hub of activity with travellers moving in and out of the capital, as well as the daily commuters, tourists and street-sellers.

Considering the points above, I have decided to theme my animatic around humans. This is rather a broad subject as it will not limit me to just people, but also to what human actions can result - Kings Cross has some magnificent architecture which is all a result of human planning and physical labour.

My radio feature will detail the history of the area's development both past and present, as well as referring to the station's major part in the Harry Potter Films. It should also cover perhaps the most memorable event in the area, namely the Kings Cross Fire of November 1987. It is my intention to record this on location to add to the atmosphere of the piece.
The piece will be recorded on a Zoom H1 Device, a portable recorder, which I know from previous experience to be reliable and capture clear sound. However, should any of the recording encounter issues, discovered during the edit (on Adobe Audition), then I shall use studio equipment to cover the missing vocals to save time.

To produce the final animatic, I intend to put together an After-Effects 'slide-show' to create a visually appealing piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment