Wednesday 8 January 2014

J/601/6648 – 2.2 + 3.1 + 3.2 + 4.1 (Part 2)

Below is an example of a silver-based image taken by myself on a twin lens reflex camera (TLR) on a 120 medium format film.
Had there been more film left when I received the camera for use, I would have had several more images to share; this setback demonstrates one problem working with silver-based devices. Whilst preparing to take the image, I personally found it a challenge to correctly set the focus and Depth Of Field as the viewfinder was very small and dark, thus making the image unclear.

I developed these myself by removing the film in a dark room, then treating film with solutions that would then allow me to view the negatives in the light; I am relieved that this step went smoothly as, if the solution quantities and concentrations were not correct, the film would have reacted with the light and 'fogged' up.

One other issue of working with printed photography is that when scanning them in, it is highly possible that some form of dirt/contaminant will sit on the cel that will be captured with the scan (as can be witnessed with my example;) the type of scanner will also affect how large the photo can be replicated before distortion occurs.


Should it not be visible, click here for the IMAGE




No comments:

Post a Comment